a questions about putting a process under it's own group and user

Hello guys and gals,

I just downloaded the teamspeak server and it recommends that it not be ran under root. So I chowned and chgrped all the files and put it under my group and user's home directory called teamspeak. Is this enough to ensure it runs under the right user and group or is ther more involved if so can some one help to ensure it runs under the teamspeak user please?

Scott