Re: Can Linux beat XP in homes yet or NOT?

On 13/07/07, Gordon Keehn <gordonkeehn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I will never be free of
Windows, though, because I have two critical apps which I cannot run
under wine, and for which suitable replacements (according to MY
requirements) do not exist.  As long as that situation exists Windows
will be the dominant desktop OS.  Will either of those apps be ported to
Linux?  Probably not.  One is semi-orphaned, and the other is from a
vendor who sees no advantage in committing resources to what they view
as a marginal platform.

What apps? If we all contact the developers and show interest, then
maybe they will be convinced. I'll write to them, that's certain.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/