Re: Can Linux beat XP in homes yet or NOT?

Mustafa Qasim wrote:

    Consumers are not interested in the OS wars. They don't care about
    fighting the "Evil empire in Redmond".  For most consumers, a
    computer
    is a tool, a means to an end. They want to turn it on, log into
    it, and
    use it to do the things they want to do. They expect their computer to
    automatically connect to the internet without hours of time spent
    trying
    to get their wireless to work, and frequently never succeeding. They
    expect to hook up their printers, scanners, digital cameras, etc. and
    have them immediately work, not spend hours trying to find
    drivers, etc.
    They expect to view a video sent by a friend by clicking on the
    attachment, and have it work, not spend hours trying to get the right
    codecs, and frequently never being able to play everything they can
    effortlessly play on windows. They expect application programs to
    play
    music, etc. to be user friendly, not "Wizard" friendly.

So Respected Sir GaryCarr .. acoording to your statements can u justify Linux? after reading you statements that are of course true can we suggest Linux instead of Windows?

--
Mustafa Qasim
Lahore, Pakistan

Once loaded and operational there are a lot of things the Windows user wants to find and many can't because in Linux the name is different. It goes on and the only one you get using Linux is the person who likes computers. This is a tiny subset of those that use computers.

Karl