Possible case of ip forwarding

Hi ,
I have migrated to linux from windows recently. The distro I am
running is FC6 64 bit.

I have a desktop running windows and a laptop running FC6.
Can I have my desktop's internet traffic , go through my laptop
?

Laptop is able to access internet without any issues. Please note
that my laptop has only the single wireless NIC enabled(I dont want
to enable my wired interface for this case) which it uses to go
online.So no case of routing here.

In other words , can my laptop , by being a standalone computer that
it is , act as a default gateway for my desktop ?
I changed my desktop's default default gateway to be my
laptop's ip address.

If I am confusing you guys , here's a small schematic
illustration of my requirement :-

Desktop ----------->>Laptop(ip=x.x.x.216) --> Internet
 ip=x.x.x.78
g/w=laptop ip
Laptop's gateway is the default gateway of the network.
My take here is that once the desktop's traffic is destined to
the internet and hits the laptop's NIC , the laptop will drop it
simply because it cannot reroute that packet on its own interface back
to the gateway(192.168.128.254). If I am right about this statement ,
then my question is , how can I tell my laptop to forward the
connection or reroute it ?  Or is it possible at all ????
Can I make use of ip forwarding here ?

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=185925&topic_id=40992&forum=10#forumpost185925
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and/or blame aravindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx