Digital signatures

I am starting this thread because I see many folks signing their emails
with a digital signature.  I believe these things to be less effective
and in fact more dangerous than you might expect.  Here is a link to a
page from an earlier post that refers to such issues:
http://www.badsoftware.com/digsig.htm

I believe that if we are to trust our systems, we must be aware of the
risks inherent in some of the commonly accepted practices.  Many of you
here are system admins for companies.  The risks must be assessed
reasonably for the protection of your company and clients.

	We should all be aware that seemingly unimportant information when
processed in large collections with other seemingly unimportant
information is a powerful tool in predicting future actions, or possible
intrusions into your life.  Pattern development, especially a relatively
new science called emergence is a very powerful analysis tool.

Regards,
Les H