Re: looks like mailman has a problem with selinux

Scott Berry wrote:
> Nope to the first question you asked and yes to the second one I do
> have the mailman aliases added to main.cf.

Alright.  You can re-run genaliases and it should re-recreate the
mailman aliases file from scratch, adding all of the lists you have
currently, plus a mailman-loop alias.  Try that and see if it adds all
of your lists.  If it doesn't, then we need to find out why that part
isn't working.

Do all of the lists you've created show up in the output of
~mailman/bin/list_lists ?

> I have Fedora 7 here so you are using the same version I am.

Ok.  That should help reduce the possibility that old bugs which have
been fixed already are causing you grief.

> Todd, I am blind so the selinux trouble shooting tool will not work
> for me.  I do a lot of my sstuff through a Windows box which is
> connected by router and is in a corner of my house so ssh has become
> a good friend of mine.

Perhaps the sealert tool will be more useful then.  It's a command
line program which will output the same information as the graphical
troublshooter does.  For example, you can have it parse the audit log
like so:

# sealert -a /var/log/audit/audit.log

I don't think selinux is the problem right now, so it's probably not
worth spending too much time chasing selinux-related issues.  If you
want to quickly determine whether it is causing any of the problems,
you can disable it via the setenforce command:

# setenforce 0

I think it's more likely that there is a mailman or postfix issue.
Check the mailman logs in /var/log/mailman and the postfix logs in
/var/log/maillog to see if there is anything indicating a problem.
Something I do when debugging things like this would be to open two
terminals and run a tail on both log files.  Then do what isn't
working (like posting to one of the lists) and watch the logs to see
what shows up.

I'd do

# tailf /var/log/mailman/error

and

# tailf /var/log/maillog

It is not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is: what
are we busy about?
    -- Henry David Thoreau