Re: fedora installation problems

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 21:51 -0400, Kevin Owen wrote:

> I am trying to install Fedora 7 on a really old computer (It has an
> Abit BP-6 motherboard).  It has 4 IDE channels run by 2 separate
> controllers, one of which supports Ultra DMA/66, the other doesn't.  I
> have a DVD-ROM drive and 3 hard drives, each on one of the channels.

You didn't say which was where.

>  It appears that the Fedora 7 installer doesn't recognize the second
> controller (the one with Ultra DMA/66), since neither of the hard
> drives on it appear in the list of devices that can be partitioned.
> The Fedora 6 installer, on the other hand, sees both controllers fine.

I've experienced that in the past, on my ABit BE6.  I haven't tried
anything since FC4 on it, yet.

One simple workaround is to unplug all but what you need for the
installation, and perhaps temporarily change what those drives are
plugged into.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386