Re: grub.conf

If you use Gnome, you do automatically login for certain user with
change setting for GDM, System > Administration > Login Screen. And for
that user you can setup session for running firefox for every time login
automatically occur.

No, grub.conf for setting the boot option, e.g. you want to counting
time for alternative boot option disappear, but this is a bad change ;-)