Re: DVD drive to use with Fedora 7

Langdon Stevenson wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this drive with F7?
Sadly, I do. My motherboard has a promise sata controller and a via kt800 IIRC (it's an asus a8v deluxe). Since only the via sata ports recognize the DVD, I put it there.. But in linux, all goes wrong. Ever played russian roulette? That's a bit how the drive reacts.. If you run "wodim -checkdrive dev=/dev/scd0" , every time it returns different supported burn methods. And even when it returns TAO, it wont burn. The same drive works perfectly under windows, but since I nuked the windows install , I'm stuck with using my old burner through a usb cage.

--
Pedro Macedo