Re: DVD drive to use with Fedora 7

Don't know...but could you post the URL for the review that makes the statement?
Review is found here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16827129008

It is the second of two.  To balance that opinion have a look at:

http://forum.ncix.com/forums/index.php?mode=showthread&msg_id=1308503&threadid=1308503&forum=103&product_id=23283&msgcount=12&overclockid=0

The last post on this list mentions that the poster had no problems with it under linux (but doesn't mention which flavor).

If Fedora is known to support SATA DVD burners, then I will happily take the risk and buy one. Just thought it worth checking before I spent any money.

FWIW, I don't think it has anything to do with the flavor of Linux but the
SATA controller on your system.  The last info that I'd seen is that the
Silicon Image drivers were not working well with DVD drivers.  So, if your
controller is an SI I would proceed with caution.

Thanks Ed.  I will check on the SATA drivers.  Appreciate your input.

Regards,
Langdon