Re: intel wireless

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 12:11 +0200, ti479 wrote:
> ok i got fc 7 up and running- now i need to get my wireless going the
> intel 3945. i read through the other post and downloaded the ipw3945d
> the ipw3945-firmware, and the dkms-ipw3945 packages. i tried to
> configure a new wireless interface but after i go through the motions
> of setting up the i.p address and stuff i cannot activate it because
> fedora dosent register my wireless card. and now that o have read
> trought the other forum i wanted to know if anyone found a way to
> actually get these things working.???

Have you tried using NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher instead
of network. These are all init.d scripts. After you get NM running you
should see an applet in the upper right panel position that you can
right click on to set up your wireless and wired connections.

Satire does not look pretty upon a tombstone.