Re: Mounting problem: SATA disk under FC6

On 11 Jul 2007, at 3:20, Tim wrote:

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 11:44 +0100, tokyoi@xxxxxxx wrote:
POST recognizes the PCI card for the SATA drive (SiI 3112A) but returns
a "Drive not found" message for each of the two channels on the card.
Pressing F4 or Ctrl-S, as indicated in the documentation) has no effect, the boot process continues straight to the GRUB screen. Hence I am not
able to configure the card in the boot-up process.

Is that a BIOS configuration thing that's not working?  If so, are you
using a USB keyboard? I've found a few PCs are difficult to diddle with
pre-boot options when you use a USB keyboard, it's not always noticed.

Thanks, Tim. Yes, my PC doesn't mix pre-boot and USB keyboards, so I have an old PS2 keyboard attached as well and I use that for BIOS settings and the like.

I am going to follow Ed's helpful suggestion to use mkinitrd, though it will be a short while before I get a window of opportunity to do it. I'll keep the list posted.

Best wishes,

Ian