a couple more questions about Mailman

Okay Todd,

I passed the hurdle of getting the aliases file created but there is something I don't understand here. Where in the world do I put the stuff that goes in the httpd.conf file. These are the lines I am assuming I need to put but where:

Exec        /mailman/*      $prefix/cgi-bin/*

What does the $prefix mean?

It says I can put this too which do you recommend:
   ScriptAlias /mailman/       $prefix/cgi-bin/

About the private archives I need these for a couple of internal lists so I want to ensure my cgi's are not running under mailman. Here is what the instructions say:

Warning: You want to be very sure that the user id under which your CGI scripts run is not in the mailman group you created above, otherwise private archives
will be accessible to anyone.
What type of users would these go under?

Also where does this go?

   Alias   /pipermail/     $varprefix/archives/public/

Then I think I will be set up. Or pretty darned close. Here is my httpd.conf for you to ensure I have everything right there too please. I also have a web site going with Drupal Cms so I want to make sure I do this right.

Scott