Re: video card driver necessary?

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 19:13 +0800, yk wrote:
> Hi,there.
> I've been wondering the question "Is video card driver really necessary
> for my Linux box?(quite dummy,I know)" since the very first time
> installation of Fedora~
> I mean,the  universal video card driver sailed with fedora is good.
> What's more,I broke my fedora when I try to install a ATI driver once~
> So would you guys let me know  is there *any* goodies that a video card
> driver can do to me?

 What ATI card do you have ? As far as what it can do for you, that is
entirely up to you. The compiz fusion may be smoother and depending on
if you do any gaming you may want to have the driver. The ATI driver
that comes with the kernel will work just fine otherwise. IT is entirely
up to you.

 LostSon