Re: Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Around 05:28pm on Sunday, July 08, 2007 (UK time), Les Mikesell scrawled:

> Which still leaves open the question of how many times you have to pay
> to license the same patent for the same device, or whether you can
> rearrange the bits in one licensed program?

Never!  As a user you do not buy a licence for the patent - you would
only do that if you were going to manufacturei (code)  and distribute
something that uses the patented process.  As a user you get a licence
to run the software (and maybe do other things with it, e.g. the GNU
licence).

Steve

--

 Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
 	http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html

 17:31:17 up 12 days, 21:10,  3 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.11, 0.08