Re: F7: SELinux feature or bug?

On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 14:51 +0200, Jeroen Lankheet wrote:
> I wanted to samba share a USB disk on a F7 system but got an SELinux
> message saying that the directory could not be shared, and that there
> was a command to get it right (=wrong?).
> So I typed in
>
> chcon -t samba_share_t -R /

Don't chcon the whole tree (I see you've got it back, later in the
thread), you'd just apply that sort of thing to where the the USB disk
is mounted.

However, it's probably a FAT device, which doesn't have any idea about
SELinux contexts, you'd have to add SELinux context parameters to your
mounting instructions.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386