Re: Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

----- Original Message ----
From: Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2007 1:18:38 AM
Subject: Re: Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 19:31:02 +0300, Jonathan Dieter wrote:

> VLC doesn't have a license from whatever body licenses the MPEG2
> standard, therefore, even though they wrote the code themselves, the
> code is in violation of US patent law (though not US copyright law).
>
> If you think this is ridiculous, you are right, but it doesn't change
> the fact that it's the current state of the law.

I'm going to have to read up on this, it's:

a)    fascinating
b)    terrifying
c)    confusing
d)    intricate
e)    about freedom and politics

However, it's easier to just open a beer and forget the whole thing,
which, realistically, I'm more inclined to do...

-Thufir

----- End of Original Message ----

Which is this the number 1 answer on the "Family Fued"?

This answer is right on target.  If you stand here worrying about all the BS that is behind doing this doing that, you will never get anything done.  Who will go to your house and check to see that you have "properly licensed" software to watch your dvds,  to see if you have "libdvdcss", etc.  The US Constitution gives US Citizens many rights which include life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  If it is not there, then it is in the Declaration of Independence.

When we get software from XXX, to watch dvds we are exercising the right "the pursuit of happiness".  If they are going to deny us those "unaliable rights", then all the hard work that programmers do, is gone to the trash bin.

It is definitely easier to pop open a beer and go to sleep.

Regards,

Antonio

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?