Re: aterm/xterm not displaying ANSI characters

On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 06:43 -0500, Erich Zigler wrote:
> When loading aterm or xterm with a ANSI-capable font such as sabvga
> ANSI characters are not displayed or not displayed correctly
> regardless of what termcap entry specified. This seems to be limited
> to Fedora's termcap as if I SSH in to a Debian box from Fedora with
> aterm/xterm and run the same program ANSI is displayed correctly. Does
> any one have any ideas on how to correct this problem?
>
> I am using:
> aterm-1.0.0-7.fc7 xterm-225-2.fc7

Are you sure your language is set up for ANSI?  Try using

	LANG="en_US.UTF-8";export LANG;reset

inside the misbehaving xterm.  You may also want to make sure your
/etc/sysconfig/i18n file contains

	LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
-   "Do you suffer from long-term memory loss?"  "I don't remember"  -
-                            -- Chumbawumba, "Amnesia" (TubThumping) -