Re: serial8250: too much work for irq17

Steven Stern wrote:
> After upgrading from FC6 to F7, I see the following as I boot
>
> Jul  3 22:04:43 sds-desk kernel: serial8250: too much work for irq17
> Jul  3 22:04:43 sds-desk kernel: serial8250: too much work for irq17
>
> Is this serious?

It is definitely strange. Where did you get a card using a 8250 UART
that is using IRQ 17? I didn't think anybody used them any more, as
they are a UART without a transmit/receive buffer. Considering that
it would be generating an interrupt for each character, you would
not want it on a high IRQ. On the other hand, the device is probably
not reporting itself correctly. If it does have a 8250 UART on it,
see if you can change the IRQ to 3 or 4.

Mikkel