Re: CNN video

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Wednesday 04 July 2007, Rod Haper wrote:
I just tried this, set it for Netscape-4.8, and got told I needed the
Turner Media player with the option to download it now.  All other spoofs
don't get past opening the player window, but don't error either.
What version of the flash plugin do you have installed?  What does
about:plugins report?  You need Flash Player version 8 or later.

I have 9.

That is very strange as it is working for me and numerous others. Are you sure that about:plugins reports the flash plugin version as 9.x? What version of Firefox are you running?

Are you perhaps using a different helper action for flash which is pointing to an older version? To check the flash action:

  Edit -> Preferences -> Downloads -> View & Edit Actions...
  Use the search function for "flash"
  Select "Shockwave Flash file" and click the "Change Action..." button
  Make sure the "Use this Plugin:" option is selected.

Note: the above directions are for FF 1.5.0.12. The sequence may differ for FF 2.x.

--
Rod