Re: Trying to make sense of firefox plugins

Aaron Konstam wrote:

> One thing you can do is the following:
> Go to: about:config
> in the browser, Then change the value of the config parameter:
> browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions
> from true to false.
> This will allow you to go to: Edit->preferences->Content
> Then in box called File types click on Manage.
> There you will see a list of what application handles which extension
> type. This can now be changed. This hidden feature of firefox is helpful
> in situations such as yours.

Thanks very much, I'll try that.

I found that about:config brings up so many variables
one could spend several hours trying to work out which are relevant.

A bit like 10 pages of Terms & Conditions which one has to agree to
for almost anything nowadays.
If we really spent our time reading them
we would have no time to use the product.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366