Re: Trying to make sense of firefox plugins

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 20:53 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Lou Spironello wrote:
>
> > In the address bar type:
> >
> > about:config
> >
> > to list the firefox config parameters
> > or:
> >
> > about:plugins
> >
> > to list the plugins.
>
> Thanks, I tried that.
> I was rather surprised to see that there is no javascript plugin.
> I assume it is built-in to firefox?
>
> I was amazed how many config settings I was supposed to have changed!

One thing you can do is the following:
Go to: about:config
in the browser, Then change the value of the config parameter:
browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions
from true to false.
This will allow you to go to: Edit->preferences->Content
Then in box called File types click on Manage.
There you will see a list of what application handles which extension
type. This can now be changed. This hidden feature of firefox is helpful
in situations such as yours.

Rule of the Great: When people you greatly admire appear to be thinking
deep thoughts, they probably are thinking about lunch.