Re: [Fwd: F7: Howto monitoring a Hardware sata raid controller]

Dario Lesca:
>> Hi, I have a Server HP with this controller RAID:
>>
>> 00:1f.2 RAID bus controller: Intel Corporation 82801GR/GH (ICH7 Family)
>> SATA RAID Controller (rev 01)
>>
>> All work great, but the disk (and controller) do not warn if a disk is
>> break (or hot-remove), until I reboot the server.
>>
>> It's possible to monitoring the state of RAID controller via software?

I've never used RAID, but I'd imagine it's possible to find something
prebuilt that can monitor it.  I don't know whether smartd can be used
with RAID, but in non-RAID situations it can produce a daily report
about drive health status.  And I see there's a mdmonitor service listed
that describes itself as "software RAID monitoring and management" that
you might want to find out what it can do.

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 12:08 +0200, Dario Lesca added:
> Hi, why I have not obtained answers to my message?
>
> I have perhaps offend someone?
> I have formulate the question bad? (my english is bad, sorry)

If it's still understandable, that's usually not a problem.

> It is OT for this list?
> In this ML none know about my question?

The usual reasons are things like your situation is beyond the
experience of other list members, or that someone familiar with it
hasn't seen your message *yet*.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386