HP DeskJet 895C/HPIJS

Well, my 870Cse no longer can print a self-test. I'll look into
that later. In the meantime, I've installed an 895C which I have
lying around, and it seems to work. More or less.

I'm trying to understand how the HPIJS driver settings correspond
to the various "modes" this printer supports.

It is supposed to support three print resolutions in various modes.

Econofast
Normal
Best

The driver has various settings, but I don't see exactly how these
correspond. Is there someone here who has experience with a printer
similar to the 895Cxi using it with the HPIJS driver? I'd appreciate
help setting up the queues.

If not, then I guess I can try all the various combinations and
see what I get. I've got a sort of draft greyscale working, and
a sort of color draft working. I'm not sure at all that I've got
a 600dpi text working, and definitely the higher res color is iffy.

Thanks

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.