Re: More FC6 update woes.

This problem is easily fixed.  Ive done it lots.

when it says there is a conflict, use rpm to manually remove the
package that is causing trouble.  Use the --nodpes flag so that the
rpm system does not fight you.

rpm -e whatever-package-name --nodeps

That clears out the problem.  Then you can run yum again and get the new one.

I did an rpm upgrade of FC6 and I probably had to manually hit 20 rpms that way.

It will work, just don't rely

On 7/3/07, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt <at> gmail.com> writes:
> F7 Updates are getting increasingly dilettantish.

This is an FC6 update. The F7 version doesn't have these conflicts.

> Additionally, there are more EVR upgrade path issues as ever before.
> %dist plus bodhi as a primary source for bad dreams.

This will improve when F6 gets merged and F6 updates will have to go through
Bodhi too. The #1 source of problems right now is that FE6 stuff gets pushed
(almost) immediately whereas F7 updates don't.

        Kevin Kofler