Re: selinux eradicator?

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:43:54 -0400
Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can disable it and remove associated programs if you choose to. I thought it would be worth mentioning that one who did not find value with SELinux has converted to preferring SELinux because the SELinux Troubleshooter informs you of the problem along with good explanations and corrective actions to allow your system to work as you intend it to work.

Oh goody! Now it comes with a useful tool that explains exactly
why it is being a pain in the ass :-).

Its not a pain at all if I disable it.

I just installed F7 on the weekend and ran into a few SELinux issues. The troubleshooter helped me greatly.

I will run SELinux on my home machines as it will help prevent my kids from doing nasty things to the computer, at least I hope so. :)

This is an interesting read and one point that seems to be, How do I remove all SELinux items.

I look at this from a different point. After trying it, I hate Evolution and I want to remove all traces of that but it is impossible. To many dependencies. Removing SELinux and related dependencies is no different from removing any other application that the system is dependent on.

I bet if someone decided to go through the archives, they could come up with quite a large list of applications that have a dependency nightmare related to them.

If you cannot live with these dependencies, then the only option is to move to some system that allows micro configuration beyond what Redhat and others offer. I wouldn't be surprised to see SELinux in more and more distro's in the future.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.