Re: Booting F7 Installation DVD

Dave Cross wrote:
I have a Philips Freevents X51 laptop and I'm having real problems
getting the F7 installation DVD to boot.

It boots to the initial screen, where you press "enter" to start the
installation, but at that point it seems that the keyboard is
unrecognised. Pressing any key has no effect at all.
I think where you are in the loading you don't need any keys. Tell me if your mouse works and can you click on the thing in the far left bottom? It takes a long time to go on but just be patient.

I've used DVDs burnt from downloaded ISOs and the DVD that came free
with this month's copy of Linux Format. But they all fail in the same
way. The same DVDs have worked successfully on other computers.

Some time ago I successfully installed FC6 from DVD on this laptop and
it's currently running Ubuntu which I installed from a magazine cover
disk. But I'm getting frustrated with Ubuntu and want to come home to
Fedora.

Any advice?

Yes. If the F7 does not load for some reason load your FC6 back up. That is what I am using and it works fine. I like FC6 but have loaded F7 and will putter around on it a bit.

Karl

Thanks,

Dave...