fonts in firefox

I am trying to start using Fedora on the desktop, but one thing that really bothers me is that the fonts often look pretty bad in firefox (compared to how they look in Windows.)  I notice this in particular at Yahoo Mail.  Are there any quick fixes for this?  Maybe I am missing some packages or something?

Thanks,
Tom