Re: selinux eradicator?

Mike McCarty wrote:
I quote:

"the management of SELinux needs and will improve with the continuous development of better user space tools"

That is faith, not a matter of technical fact.

Install F7, try out the SELinux Troubleshooter. It is a tool and surely did not simply appear without technically competent people and groups put down their time to the effort for improvement.

A fellow was being roundly and unreasonably criticized for not
wanting to run SELinux.

How do we know that? Maybe he is a hacker foiled by SELinux preventing execution of his scripts on target machines.

If I saw a request here asking how one would make root not
have a password, I might comment that IMO it was a bad idea,
but I wouldn't use sarcastic criticism[*] to try to convince
him of that idea. I would supply the information on how to
do it. Certainly, until one knows what the eventual goal
of someone else it, it doesn't make sense to criticize
it. Having root have no password is a reasonable thing for
a LiveCD, for example.

Interpretations are different. I read Get rid of needing to install anything ELinux completely or I'm changing to a different distro.

Mike

--
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
		-- Oscar Wilde