Re: selinux eradicator?

Karl Larsen wrote:
This tells me that init is running a selinux demon and I know how to stop that I think. I looked at /etc/rc.d/init.d/ but no selinux switch. So I ask where in hell is it?

[root@k5d init.d]# whereis selinux
selinux: /etc/selinux /usr/include/selinux /usr/share/selinux /usr/share/man/man8/selinux.8.gz
[root@k5d init.d]#

So there is some reading that needs doing.
Karl,

The SELinux settings are contained in "/etc/sysconfig/selinux". I have SELinux disabled, and the file looks like this:

[root@server ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/selinux
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#       enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#       disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=disabled
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
#       targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#       strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

Note that any changes to this file require a reboot to take affect. "sestatus" can then be used to verify the change:

[root@server ~]# sestatus
SELinux status:         disabled

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions