Re: kernels going worst and worst (fc6) and no answer on this list

Verily I say unto thee, that François Patte spake thusly:
[snip rant]

1. The kernel is in a constant state of flux. Some versions work well on
most hardware, and some don't. If an updated kernel does not work on
your hardware, then simply reboot back into the previous one, and be
happy. There is no law that forces you to use new kernels, unless your
current one is lacking in some way. If the kernel you use now works,
then keep it. End of story.

2. As much as I'm sure there are some very helpful people in the group,
you're unlikely to get much help with a rant, especially one severely
lacking in detail. Keep it calm and clear and you may get an answer.

3. This is not a bug reporting service. See bugzilla.redhat.com.

4. "Threatening" to switch distros unless your demands are met, will
likely just result in a good hearty laugh all round, followed by the
traditional "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out". Even the
infamous Eric S. Raymond didn't impress with that stunt, so I doubt
anyone else can.

5. Oh and just for good measure, when in doubt - RTFM. There's about
300MB worth in /usr/share/{man,doc} so that ought to keep you busy.

Bonne chance.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They
|  never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
|  people, and neither do we." - George (Dubya) Bush.
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 10:56:11 up  3:53,  2 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.23, 0.20