Re: mounting windows

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:24:53 +0100, Nigel Wade wrote:

> sdb3 is [part of] a LVM, so you don't mount /dev/sdb3. You should mount
> the logical volumes which have been created from the available disk
> partitions.
>
> You have two LVM partitions, /dev/sda3 and /dev/sdb3. LVM will have been
> used to create one or more physical volumes from these, which will then
> have then been partitioned/allocated to logical volumes. Use pvdisplay
> and lvdisplay to see what physical and logical volumes are in existence.
>
> Your mount table shows VolGroup00-LogVol00 as already mounted. This
> means  that there is a physical volume VolGroup00 and from that the
> logical volume LogVol00 has been created, formatted and mounted as your
> root partition.
>
> If this is a default partitioning scheme then swap might also have been
> allocated out of VolGroup00, as LogVol01.

I didn't understand what you meant, but now have:

[root@localhost ~]# mount
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
/dev/sda2 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /mnt/sda1 type fuseblk
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,allow_other,blksize=4096)
/dev/sdb2 on /mnt/sdb2 type ext3 (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-LogVol00 on /mnt/fc6 type ext3 (rw)
[root@localhost ~]#
[root@localhost ~]#
[root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1
1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1
2
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0
0
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0
0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0
0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0
0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults
0 0
/dev/VolGroup01/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults
0 0
/dev/sda1               /mnt/sda1               ntfs-3g users,rw        0
0

/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-LogVol00 /mnt/fc6/       ext3    users,rw        0
0

[root@localhost ~]#
[root@localhost ~]# date
Tue Jun 26 21:35:36 PDT 2007