Re: eog crashes -> binary with debuginfo

Boris Glawe wrote:

What do I have to do with this debuginfo package??

Here is the listing of the package's content:

# rpm -ql eog-debuginfo
/usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/eog.debug

This one contains the debugging information and refers to the other files.

Ok, and how do I convince gnome's bugreport wizard to show me the debugging symbols? It still says "not debugging symbols found"!?

greets Boris

It is probable that the debugging information is needed for a library which eog depends upon. Check the file reference where no debugging info is found and locate which package provides that file. Then install the debuginfo package for that rpm. Then you should see the debug symbols in the output.

Jim

--
It's reassuring to know that if you behave strangely enough, society will take full responsibility for you.