Re: F7: Evolution constantly crashing

When this happened to me, and it was one of the infrequent times that
BugBuddy was able to capture it, I just so happened to be launching
it from the command line (because I can never remember where "killev"
is and have to do rpm -ql | fgrep to find it, and I was just doing
'killev && evolution' over and over to get through the day
that day).

One thing that gets printed to stdout but that does NOT get captured
by BugBuddy is this:

glibc detected *** evolution: free(): invalid pointer:

Then there's a hex number, but it's different every time.

I have this fantasy that reporting the free() thing will be an "aha"
moment for somebody. I'm in love with what evolution promises to
do, and I'm always heartened when a new Fedora comes out with
evolution as the default user agent. I'd like very much for it
to Just Work.

But alas. My usage pattern apparently is hell on evolution's
stability.

My bugzilla.gnome.org bug number is 449842, if somebody wants to help
corroborate the fact that evolution just freezes sometimes--but not
any time in particular (the bug report is still in the "Unconfirmed"
state). I'm well aware that my ability to describe my own
freezing problem kind of sucks, so there's a good chance that
another number would be better.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=181055&topic_id=39775&forum=10#forumpost181055
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and/or blame bucky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx