USB Controller failing?

So, today and a few days ago (prior to upgrading FC6 to FC7, partially sparked by this issue to see if it would resolve it) my USB controller in my laptop has been going wonky. Occasionally, on startup, just before the part with the blue "Fedora" word, it would spit out a whole lot of error messages, and from then on my USB ports would not work. Sometimes it doesn't happen then, but later on, sometimes a couple minutes after login. Also, when I reboot after this happens, sometimes the laptop gets stuck on the BIOS boot screen and won't respond, forcing a hard shutdown. I am led to believe this is related to overheating, as it is very hot and humid today, and probably was a few days ago when this happened before. Anyway, in hopes that there is a software or perhaps bios reason at fault as well, here is an example of what dmesg spits out when the fail happens, and my IRQ setup thing:

[grinnz@localhost ~]$ dmesg
usb 2-1: reset low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
usb 2-1: device descriptor read/all, error -71
usb 2-1: reset low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
usb 2-1: device not accepting address 3, error -71
usb 2-1: reset low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
usb 2-1: device descriptor read/all, error -71
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.1: host controller process error, something bad happened!
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.1: host controller halted, very bad!
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.1: HC died; cleaning up
usb 2-1: USB disconnect, address 3
hub 2-0:1.0: hub_port_status failed (err = -19)
hub 2-0:1.0: cannot disable port 1 (err = -19)
hub 2-0:1.0: cannot disable port 1 (err = -19)

[grinnz@localhost ~]$ cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0 0: 94249 IO-APIC-edge timer
 1:       2838   IO-APIC-edge      i8042
 6:          6   IO-APIC-edge      floppy
 7:          0   IO-APIC-edge      parport0
 8:          1   IO-APIC-edge      rtc
 9:       8634   IO-APIC-fasteoi   acpi
12:      10671   IO-APIC-edge      i8042
14:      18066   IO-APIC-edge      libata
15:       5830   IO-APIC-edge      libata
16: 29232 IO-APIC-fasteoi yenta, uhci_hcd:usb1, eth0, radeon@pci:0000:01:00.0
18:          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   Intel ICH6
19:          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   Intel ICH6 Modem
20:        835   IO-APIC-fasteoi   uhci_hcd:usb2
21:         46   IO-APIC-fasteoi   uhci_hcd:usb3
22:          3   IO-APIC-fasteoi   uhci_hcd:usb4, ehci_hcd:usb5
23:      13543   IO-APIC-fasteoi   ipw2200
NMI:          0
LOC:     112218
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

One thing I would like to point out is that I am not using eth0 (my wired connection) currently, but it seems to be having issues as well, as NetworkManager will attempt to connect to the wired network (???) through eth1 perhaps? Failing this it correctly switches to connecting to a wireless network, but then occasionally still says Connected to Wired Network... Now I am concerned (possibly baselessly, as I have no knowledge of IRQs) that it may be related to all the devices on IRQ 16. (cardbus, usb1, eth0, and my video card; note I don't use cardbus ever)

Thanks for any help,
-Dan