Re: FC7 adding unneccesary mailboxes in /var/mail

At 01:01 PM 6/25/2007, Tim wrote:

> [...]

Good afternoon, Tim.

Isn't that more or less the way it works now? All these extraneous mailboxes are being created when the installer installs some service. The only difference is that these mailboxes appear to be created whether the service actually "needs" a mailbox or not (and "not" includes the situation where the aliases file forwards all of that user's mail to somebody else, usually root).

This all worked "correctly" (if one can characterize previous behavior as "correct" and current behavior as "incorrect") in every distro I've ever used including every version of Fedora prior to 7.

What changed?

(...not that it bothers me, I'm perfectly happy just ignoring the extra mailboxes, but it does seem a bit odd...)