Re: Bluetooth support

Scott van Looy wrote:
Today Ed Greshko did spake thusly:

Karl Larsen wrote:

Hi and I have a Bluetooth device I wear in my ear and it talks to my
Cell Phone with no setup required. It's a LG cell phone and Motorola
Bluetooth but they work fine. I checked on this FC6 and it has at
System->preferances->More preferances a tag says Bluetooth but it is
nothing but a panel asking what it should do if it hears a transmitter.
Nothing poped up when I turned on my thing so I think it's not working.

Let's ask a very basic question.

What are you expecting to happen?  What is the goal?  Without knowing the
goal, and without knowing what "thing" you are turning on it would seem hard to determine what, if anything is wrong. It may well be not working....but
what should it be doing....or what do you think it should be doing?

Usually, when I turn on my "thing" it works pretty good and all concerned
are satisfied....or at least they say they are.

There's 2 classes of bluetooth devices, bluetooth audio wireless devices (hands free kits) are the latter class, which not all bluetooth dongles, etc support. Plus, for bluetooth to work in fedora you need the appropriate PC hardware

I'm pretty sure we're talking about the wireless devices, not dongles.
My bluetooth dongle (actuall built into my laptop) is recognized perfectly well and works so far (transferring files to/from my cell phone).

Let's concentrate on a single one for now: bluetooth headphones (though I'm sure there are lots more devices that can be improved). Another closely related device is a bluetooth headset (headphone & microphone - the BT device you would use with your cell phone) It's easy to connect the headphones to FC6, but nothing happens after that. I'd like to be able to actually hear music through them.