Re: Adobe Acrobat

On Sunday June 24 2007 5:04:28 pm Chris Jones wrote:
> Yet again Karl, you have no idea what you are talking about...
>
> What Kam was referring to was getting the acroread mozilla plugin to work -
> The plugin which allows you to view pdf documents embedded inside a mozilla
> (firefox, seamonkey et.c) web browser.
>
> The answer you gave was to how to open a previously saved PDF document in
> the standalone acroread program. This is a completely different issue.

You guys are a bunch of curmudgeons! Lighten up -- if you don't like Karl's
posts, which is abundantly clear of about a half dozen of you, just don't
read them. Your incessant chest thumping is obnoxious.

Now, regarding Acroread, the modification to the code is the fix. It's been
that way for a good while. Hopefully, the packager will get around to fixing
it. BUT, for the record, that is all I did to my installation from the rpm,
and clicking on a .pdf in Firefox opens Acroread. So, I'm not so sure about
the need for that browser plugin fix. Oh yeah, clicking on a .pdf on the
desktop ALSO opens Acroread. I've had it running for months in FC6 and just
got it up and running last week in F7.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD