Re: Adobe Acrobat

> > It appears that AdobeReader_enu-7.0.9-1.i386.rpm does not or fails to
> > install the browser plugin. I had to run
> > /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/install_browser_plugin as root, use the
> > manual install option, and install to /usr/lib/mozilla.
>
>     I do not have this problem you show about the browser plugin. I had
> to fire up a root editor and make 2 changes in the code. Now it comes up
> automatically if I double click a pdf file on the Desktop. What your
> showing is not a problem. Maybe if you use the tar ball but anyone with
> any sense will use the rpm which loads without a single word.

Yet again Karl, you have no idea what you are talking about...

What Kam was referring to was getting the acroread mozilla plugin to work -
The plugin which allows you to view pdf documents embedded inside a mozilla
(firefox, seamonkey et.c) web browser.

The answer you gave was to how to open a previously saved PDF document in the
standalone acroread program. This is a completely different issue.

Chris