Re: A bright idea...

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 20:56 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
At my university, the winboxen can boot from usb, but they are
configured to boot ONLY from disk. The BIOS is also password
protected, and the case is locked. What is a poor Fedora junkie to do?

I unplugged one of the machines, then wormed a plastic stick (actually
a stepped-on mechanical pencil) into the case, and actually managed to
pop out the motherboard's button battery! Ten minutes later, there was
no more password on the BIOS...

Thhe BIOS police are going to get you :-)
Of course all the other BIOS parameters were gone also.

That would be the other non-default bios parameters. The defaults are usually usable, if not optimal for most situations.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx