Re: compiz effects

On Sat, 2007-06-23 at 17:33 +0200, Hans Müller wrote:
> lostson schrieb:
> >  Hello
> >  I was trying out compiz this morning and turned it on via the gui in
> > the system preferences. When trying to turn them off via the gui again
> > it locks my system up hard. Have to do a hard reboot. Has anyone else
> > seen this ? Is this a bug I should file or has it already been filed.
> > And I'm guessing I should use beryl instead ? I also tried turning the
> > effects off in the terminal with a metacity --replace and still would
> > lock up bad.
> >
> I have the same problem.
> The temporally solution is to login vi ssh and run su -c "killall -9 Xorg".
> I use an nvidia card.

 I too use a nvidia card with the livna drivers. I am going to do some
searching on bugzilla and see what I can find. Is that the only way to
fix it ? I had to uninstall compiz completely it would never turn off.
Even after a reboot it would come up with compiz not metacity.
--
LostSon

http://www.lostsonsvault.org