compiz effects

 Hello
 I was trying out compiz this morning and turned it on via the gui in
the system preferences. When trying to turn them off via the gui again
it locks my system up hard. Have to do a hard reboot. Has anyone else
seen this ? Is this a bug I should file or has it already been filed.
And I'm guessing I should use beryl instead ? I also tried turning the
effects off in the terminal with a metacity --replace and still would
lock up bad.
--
LostSon

http://www.lostsonsvault.org