problems upgrading from FC6 to F7

Hi,

I am having trouble with an upgrade on my Dell Latitude D610 laptop.
I have files I need to get off of the machine but I cannot get it to
fully boot.  When I boot up it makes it to the following point:

....mounting local filesystem......OK
....enabling filesystem quotas.....OK
....enabling /etc/fstab swaps.......Failed

Because of the need to rescue the files on there, I used the 'rescue'
disk, and did an 'upgrade only' type of install.  Both times did not
fix my /etc/fstab.  Twice I have done the full run of the cd which
would seem to fix major system files since they are not user data.

IOW I would think that Anaconda would straighten out the system files
in the new fedora 7 environment, rather than rely upon what may or may
not be screwed up with the existing setup --irrelevant as to whether
the existing system is hosed or not.  (This to me, would seem to
indicate a design flaw with anaconda, but that is a bit of a separate
conversation.)

Another separate conversation would be how to understand what made
this thing happen.   I have not been using fedora much lately, and I
have certainly not been in there goofing fstab settings around.  Why
would my fstab just spontaneously corrupt anyway?

Repair-wise, I don't know how to fix it, or what I would do if I could
see it.  If I could boot up further in the boot sequence, I would go
to another virtual terminal and try to vi the file, but I do not think
the kernel and/or ramdisk have fully done their dance together at this
point.  Hung up is hung up.

Does anyone know a good way to fix this file?  I will print off your
instructions and try whatever you suggest.  This is a dual boot box
with windoze so I am unable to erase the machine as a whole at this
point.

Thanks in advance
Marc