Re: 7 CD set for F7?

On Saturday 23 June 2007 19:39, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:

> >> Due to abuse from 61.150.69.58 (mroe than 500 requests in 90 minutes)
> >> the CD images have been removed.
> >>
> >> --
> >
> > Sorry to see the server has been abused John. I was some way through
> > disk4 on dialup last night, and this morning Kget was stalled. Tried a
> > resume, and lost the lot. Only some time later did I see your post about
> > your server being abused, and why I could no longer connect.
> >
> > I have disks 1 to 3, so perhaps I can get some sort of F7 install from
> > these.
>
> If you can use torrent then you put the images where the torrent saves
> them and get the last ISO image from there.  The default selection of
> packages should require only the first two images though.
>
> Rahul

Thanks for the reply Rahul. I've never used torrent, and didn't think it was
possible to use it with a dialup connection.

Perhaps the first 3 disks will be sufficient to get F7 installed. I use KDE,
but that probably needs disks 4, and 5.

Never mind. I'll try an install with disks 1 to 3, and see how I get on.

If I have to install KDE, and the development stuff post install, then so be
it.

Many thanks.

Nigel.