Re: Why are some having so much trouble with F7?

Eric wrote:
At 11:13 AM 6/23/2007, R. Irving wrote:

<RI>>>>>DVD won't install to systems with SATA Drives... FC-7 team has found this bug, and decided they aren't going to fix it, as it has been labeled "Wont Fix" in the database<<<<<

Hmmm ... so it has. That seems strange. Maybe there is no ready fix, or maybe it's a kernel problem that's beyond the scope of the F7 team's mandate... maybe it's some limitation of the SATA driver and the person responsible for the SATA driver isn't available right now, or something...

I know there has been considerable discussion of SATA on this list... since I don't have a SATA drive (nor any knowledge of SATA and Linux) and traffic on this list is WAY too heavy to read every posting, I've been skipping over them... guess it'll be interesting to go back and read them...

   I think it would help me if you defined what SATA stands for.

Karl