Re: Skype and other things

Amadeus W.M. wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 05:22:04 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:

Amadeus W.M. wrote:
    If you use Windows you can attach a web-cam to Skype and see
yourself and the person your talking to. Alas the Linux version
doesn't have that feature. But at least there IS one you can use. I
will be glad to have you call me. My Skype is called k5diusa.
And if you use kopete + jasper (instead of skype) you can attach a
camera and your dear friend Al from Melbourne can also see you!
    I don't know about kopete + jasper. Can you talk to people that are
using Skype? The virtue of Skype is it talks to the millions of people
using Windows.

No, you can't, but you can talk to even more millions of people using yahoo messenger, AIM, ICQ, IRC, MSN messenger and a few more. The important thing about skype (which you seem to be missing) is that for little money you can call from your computer to a regular phone. Skype is essentially a software phone.
	A software phone is one of Skype's features I don't use. There are other people that provide you with hardware that makes your present telephones in your home use the Internet. Skype is just what I use to talk to friends who are also Amateur Radio Operators.

Karl