Re: Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 18:22 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> An alternate technique that doesn't even need a CD drive (since you
> already have a working F5 or F6) is to copy the initrd.img and
> vmlinuz files from the isolinux directory on the DVD image into
> your /boot directory on the system you are upgrading, and make
> a /boot/grub/grub.conf entry to boot the vmlinuz kernel with
> the initrd.img image. Reboot your system, choose that kernel, and
> the installer will start and you can point it to the DVD iso
> image just as above.

I think it's still handy to have some other media with Fedora on it,
probably the rescue one.  If you have an accident with an "everything
only on your one-and-only hard drive" system, you've got no way to
recover from it.

--
(This box runs FC7, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & CentOS 5.0, in
 case that's important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.