Re: Livna nVidia problems...

 >I've used the livna repo before for nVidia driver downloads. But
 >since installing Fedora 7, I've been having problems. Once
 >I've done a yum install kmod-nvidia I do an xorg.conf update and
 >run X, but I keep getting the message:

 >FATAL: Module nvidia not found.
 >(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to load the NVIDIA kernel module!
 >(EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***

 >HELP! (please)

I had similar problems though I don't remember if the error was exactly
the same. I think all you need to do is reboot and udev will take care
of everything, though I was stubborn about it and went looking through
the logs. I forget where (I know I'm so helpful) but I saw that it
couldn't find /dev/nvidiactl and /dev/nvidia0 I think it was. I did
MAKEDEV nvidia0 and then MAKEDEV nvidiactl and I was fine from that
point on.