Re: how to transfer info from vmware xp virtual disk to fedora 7 ?

usually it's a huge file.

check "/var/lib/vmware/Virtual Machines/" directory, it should be there somewhere

Another (easier?) way to transfer files from host to vmware & back is to set up networking on the guest and then connect over samba share (a.k.a. windows folder sharing)

john brennan-sardou wrote:
Hello everybody,
Can somebody please tell me how to fix up fstab in order to be able to read and transfer info between the vmware virtual disk and fedora 7 How could I transfer scanned images or music from the virtual xp disk? Fdisk does not want to work so how do I find out about partitions? when installed did vmware really make a true partition or rather a huge file and if so should I be using the direction to that file? Thanks a lot. John Brennan-Sardou

johnbs@xxxxxxxx