Re: HELP - Fedora 6 and 7 hangs with INTEL DQ965

Alan Cox wrote:
the Fedora 6 at first don't find the CD-ROM device, then I type "linux
all-generic-ide" in the install screen and works, but just after I chose
the language and keyboard it stops, no messages, in the text install it
stays at the blue screen, and in the graphical installation it just stop
responding at the keyboard screen.

What sort of IDE controller does lspci think you have for the CD-ROM port
(which I assume is old style PATA ?) and what messages if any are on the
log screen about the CD or lack of it ?

Alan

If its the same as the DG965RY Intel motherboard its a marvell, try using the following options when starting the boot CD:

"linux all-generic-ide irqpoll pcinommconf"

Jeff